War With Iran: Has It Already Begun?
by Justin Raimondo
3 Jun 09 | AWC
Obama talks peace with Iran, but what’s he doing under the radar?
In public, when it comes to the Iranian question, President Obama is all sweet reason and kissy-face. His recent video message to the Iranian people was just what the doctor ordered. However, this public performance is severely undercut by an ongoing covert program aimed at regime-change in Tehran – or, at least, at undermining the Iranian regime to such an extent that it must respond in some way.
This covert action program, reported by Seymour Hersh last year, was started by the Bush administration and funded to the tune of $400 million. The U.S. is, in effect, conducting a secret war against Tehran, a covert campaign aimed at recruiting Iran’s ethnic and religious minorities – who make up the majority of the population in certain regions, such as in the southeast borderlands near Pakistan – into a movement to topple the government in Tehran, or, at least, to create so much instability that U.S. intervention to “keep order” in the region is justified. Given recent events in Iran – a suicide bombing in the southeast province of Sistan-Baluchistan and at least two other incidents – the effort is apparently ongoing. >>>
- Israel to Sell ‘War on Iran’ Plans at OAS, Begins Its Largest Military Drill Ever (31 May 09)
- Israel Threatening Iran with ‘Nukes’ (27 May 09)
- Israel to Ignite All-Out Regional War? (25 May 09)
- Obama Orders Update to Iran Attack Plan (23 May 09)
- Israel Would Use U.S. Bombs to Attack Iran (16 May 09)
- Israel Prepares for War With Iran Next Year, Study Exposes Fallacy of Iran Threat (12 May 09)
- The Lobby Wants War with Iran (3 May 09)
- Chomsky’s Lectern: Iran is Pressured Because of Its Independent Stance (17 Apr 09)
- Obama Extends Cold War With Iran One Year (14 Mar 09)
- Obama’s Proxy War (7 May 09)