Axelrod Comment That Tea Parties are ‘Unhealthy’ Stokes Militia Fears
by Mark Sappenfield
19 Apr 09 | CSM
The comments could add to conservative Americans’ sense that they are being either ignored or besieged but not heard.
The nationwide angst about – and within – the so-called “tea party” movement continues to gather pace.
On the Sunday morning talk show, “Face the Nation,” a senior adviser to President Obama, David Axelrod, said the tea parties organized April 15 to protest massive government spending could “mutate into something that’s unhealthy.”
The comment was immediately decried by elements of the blogosphere as an attempt to tar tea parties by inference – hinting that they are breeding grounds for the kind of antigovernment activity that led to the Oklahoma City bombings. >>>
- Gerald Celente: Change You Can Believe In, If You’re Deaf, Stupid, and Blind — REVOLT! (19 Apr 09)
- Virginia: Black Colleges are Possible Terror Threats (7 Apr 09)
- Libertarians are Dropping the Ball on this MIAC Report (19 Mar 09)
- If You Are Reading This, You May Already be a Terrorist (15 Mar 09)
- An Agorist Analysis of Nolan on Strategy at New Hampshire Liberty Forum (7 Mar 09)